Sunday, June 27, 2010

We've been having these ward food storage firesides every month and I've been getting so much out of them. I'm slowly getting better at it all with little baby steps. Tonight it's on wheat! It's a topic I should know about rather well since it's my mom's favorite thing and she put it in everything we ate growing up - orange juice, brownies, you name it. I'm making wheat meat burgers tonight and making the wheat meat has been a pain so far. I seriously need to invest in an electric mixer. I've had to beat it with a rubber mallet, which on the plus side I got to get out some aggression. We'll see how it turns out.
I recently went to Painting with a Twist, a new store in town that gives you a canvas and paint and teaches you how to paint. It's so much fun to do with friends. I wish others could have made it but at least my girl Sue Ellen and I had fun. It turned out pretty good. It's even hanging up at the house.
We watched all the 10 kids for co-op Fri. night and it was quite memorable. There's a sandbox and kiddie pool in the backyard so together it's a recipe for disaster with no swimsuits on them. Needless to say they got all nasty and muddy and I wasn't about to bring them in the house and get it dirty too. So I had the bright idea to give them a bath on the trampoline together. They stripped down and Judd and I scrubbed them with soap and shampoo, hosed them down, and brought them in one at a time with a towel and put them in their pajamas. We had a pretty good system going and they kids had a blast slipping and sliding on the trampoline. It was hilarious and I think since they were all 5 and under it was okay.
My new obsession is with Everybody Loves Raymond. It is so stinking hilarious! I have to watch at least one episode before I go to bed at night to get a really good laugh in - not that I don't have them throughout the day with Brooke and Rylan. When I was single it was Friends but now that I'm married it is this. I guess we like what we can relate to.

No comments: